This summer, with Florine (my friends’ daughter) we found a nice way to practice some English while cooking. We have decided to prepare a Chocolate cake with what was available in the house we were renting. We ended up preparing a cake with Nesquik chocolate powder. This is the receipe.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup of Nesquik
- Boiling water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 small bag of baking power
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Coat a round cake pan with butter.
- Whisk the cocoa powder and 1 1/2 cups boiling water in a medium bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the eggs, vegetable oil, sour cream and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the cocoa mixture in a steady stream until just combined, then finish mixing with a rubber spatula. (The batter will be thin.)
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and tap the pan against the counter to help the batter settle. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the pan and turn the cake out onto a plate to cool completely.